Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIGHT SERVICE BUTTON

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongkf

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
MY
I have 5 AVAYA console install at SCC cabinet, the principle console always jump into night service automatically during day time. The system greet the caller night greeting during day time.What is the possiblity root cause?

Generally, the only way for that to happen is if you have a power glitch that would send it into night service. If you are not having any power issues, then I am not sure where to start, you may want to swap the actual console

It coudl also be the timers in Console Parameters, if the operator is not answering fast enough. Look under "Incoming Call Reminders", the times entered in "No Answer timeout" & "alerting". The sum of these 2 values is the time that it will take the Console to put itself into nights on an unanswered incoming call (The first call, not a waiting one).

Paul Beddows

Avaya Consulting, Implementation, One on One EAS & Definity Training for PBX Administrators.

Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

I've seen this problem caused by an intermittent handset, headeset, or prong adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back