Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service auto activate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russff

Technical User
Oct 9, 2010
US
thread688-1545314 has my question in it, about automating the night service button. The AA is setup for day/night based on a schedule, but I'd like to get the night service function to activate based on that same schedule so the night service group will kick in automatically. TouchToneTommy said it can't be done in ACS R7, but how about R8 with Messaging R5, still no go?

I don't think Avaya ever fixed the "both" option....so what TTT said still stands.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

There are a lot of things Avaya has never fixed, add that one to the list.

....JIM....

You can have the greeting change because that is what the Messaging can do but the phones in night service group will never ring because the system itself is not in night service and will not do automatically. Also seeing that it is a dead product now for a few days they will not fix it either with a firmware upgrade.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

But that is Avaya's story, and it continues... the wreckage of incomplete phone system firmware! The Magix is in the same state and the IPO is a piece of crap!

....JIM....

Syquest/Jim,

Have you had a lot of experience with the IPO? I only ask because it really inst a piece of crap. I have worked on Avaya products for about 13 years and the IPO is a good switch. When installed and configured properly they usually run with no issues. we have customers that we put in that generally never call with issues. yes there are cases where the system has issues. it is mostly due to programming. we take on a lot of unhappy customers from other vendors and can usually turn them around. Just wondering what would make you say it is a piece of crap.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back