Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdad

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Ok, I know this has been discussed before and I apologize for bringing it up again, but...

As I posted earlier I can't get any search result newer than 2 year old, and with newer firmware, I thought there may be an easier way.

Anyway, I have a question about setting up a NIGHT BUTTON.

I recently installed a new IPO 500 with 4.2(20) that replaced a Partner system.

On the old system they set the night button to direct all calls to the AA after hours. They controlled this manually.

I have setup the Call time in the IPO system and it works great. The receptionist likes not hearing the phones ring during the non-call in hours.

However, and I'm sure you guys have run into this...

The owner wants to be able to turn Night mode on and off manually on some occasions because he gets important phone calls before or after the normal call in times. And as I am also sure some of you have ran into, the owner is not technically savvy at all, so I need to make this painless for him.

Is there an EASY way to setup a NIGHT button to turn the call hours on and off manually, OR is there a way to hear and see the incoming calls ring during the After Hours mode?

I have read about all the hunt group stuff and if that is what I need to do, then I will, but I like to keep this simple.

I really like the IPO, but I am surprised this is a missing feature.

Thanks to all.

In VMPro you can create a Leave action for the Huntrgroup of which the calls flow into, and put a button on the receptionist's phone that is labeled "NIGHT" but is actually a huntgroup out of service button.

Create a "Out of Service" button, point this to the same VMPro module as the NightService, on the Day huntgroup set the Out of Service fallback to the same group as where the Night service goes to.

Then you can override the night service by using the OOS button. be carefull you need to turn it off to let is use the time profile again.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

you can set a button for hunt night service.
for instance normal circumstances Hunt group "Main" receptionist rings but like Partner when night service is pressed "Main" goes to hunt "Night" group "Night" is set with reception and boss to ring with voice mail set to answer 18 seconds. Or with your set up set your "Night" go to hunt "Sort of Night" for its Night service that rings reception and boss then to voicemail. Their are so many ways to skin this cat just think outside the box. With the Partner you can do it this way only (for the most part). With the IPOffice you can pretty much do it any way you want.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I forgot to mention, I am running EVM not VM Pro.

So I can't go that route.

Thanks!

For EVM it will work the same, but do you route the call directly to the AA? Or do you have an AA enabled on a HG?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

During the day it is going to a hunt group that rings a couple receptionists.

At night (Closed hours) it go directly to AA with a fallback to the receptionist.

The AA is not on a hunt group.

I have this setup in the incoming call route section.

Ok, then do like I wrote above, but don't use the time profile on the "Incomming call route" this will overide the time profile on the HG.

If you have used it on the ICR then you will need to change the time profile it will work the other way.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Thanks for the info, I understand what you are saying and I will implement that programming this weekend.

I like the Dain Bramaged, that is from a LOOOONNNG time ago.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back