Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIGHT Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxx

Vendor
Sep 22, 2006
US
Compact: Can I program a Night button on the Recp. station so she can toggle on and off the Night message? She leaves at different times each day.

Program F871 under a key on here station.

Go into Services - Ringing services - Ringing Groups.
Group 001 is default so choose 002 - Show - Show Set.

Receptionist should already be a member, You want to add the Voicemail DN as a member.
You then choose Header until you are out of ringing groups, go next and you will see Sched: Night - Show and leave the service as manual.

Choose Next, trunk answer YES, go next to Line Settings-Show.

Choose which lines you want the voicemail to answer and point them to Ringing Group 002.

You now have your Night Ring set up.

You have to set the Auto Attendant to answer the lines at all times for this to work properly. If they don't want it going to Voice Mail during the day, set the number of rings to 12.

When they press the night ring button the night ring overrides the default setting and the Voicemail will answer on the first ring.

This will make the auto attendant answer calls right away, but won't change the message itself of the auto attendant. As far as I know, that is based on the schedule of the greetings and cannot be changed with just a button push. (So I convince my customers that it's ok to do what crowtalks is saying to do)

Also, if doing this, you will be losing Caller-ID capabilities during the night service. (Atleast in this area, caller-id is sent between the first 2 rings so if voicemail answers automatically, bye bye caller-ID) Alot of people are ok with this however.

Just some extra info on Crowtalks excellent instructions...

I set this up step by step however the night AA still answers.

I changed the time of day and the same night message stioll answers.

Do I need to disable the CCR, change the time schedule then enable it to have this take effect?

The client decided to have just an OPEN sechedule and a CLOSED schedule. The OPEN would stay on as default because their hours change every day and then when the recp. leaves she would press the CLOSED button to activate F871 from ther set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back