Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Bell Set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fa411

MIS
Jan 16, 2004
US
I am trying to connect a Night Bell to my company's Avaya Definity Phone system. I want the bell to ring when an incoming call is being received and the receptionist has the Night Serv enabled. In the Console Parameters, I've tried setting the corresponding port in the Ext Alert Port (TAAS) field, but it did not work. I'm using a standard UTA-1 Bell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I played with this once in our lab & I can't for the life of me remember what I found out, but I know it doesn't work as you would expect it to. I have a feeling the pos busy key on the console has to be activated as well.

If nights is not being used for anything else, why not just make the bell the night destination & instruct people to use directed call pickup to get the call from it.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

When you display listed-directory-numbers, the Night Destination field should be blank. If I remember correctly, this will only work on the principal attendant.

Also, check your trunk groups and make sure the "Night Destination" field is blank for the trunk groups that you want to route to TAAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back