Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nice_audit DB problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyf

Vendor
Dec 1, 2004
CZ
Hello,

I tried to export some data from CLS database. I did it from MS SQL Enterprise manager. The export somehow failed and it was not possible to close the Enterprise manager gracefully. Therefore I stopped the MS SQL Agent service and MS SQL Server service and rebooted the server. Everything works fine. I did some queries and I found the data. However, I did a backup of both databases to HD and the nice_audit DB file is only 9MB. When I did last DB backup it was 270MB. Therefore I am afraid that something is wrong!

Can somebody tell me if it is OK and what is the nice_audit DB for?

Thanks,
ReyF

The nice_audit database is used for the Audit Trail application (it's in Supervision under Tools). It's NICE's equivalent of an Event Viewer for NICE's applications (you can see who logged in to what app, when they perform a playback, modify a resource, etc).

9MB sounds too small for the DB. You should nontice if there's something wrong with the database when you log into any of the apps - it should give an error about the nice_audit database if it's corrupt. I would suggest expanding it if it is 9MB since it's set to keep 12 months of audit data by default.

Hello,

thanks for your answer denazn. My English is not very good. 9MB is the size of the backup of the Audit Trail DB. The real size of the Audit Trail DB is about 40MB, I think. I tried to make some queries from Supervision and there are some data. Therefore it seems that it is OK but something had to happen because as I said before the size of the backup of the Audit Trail DB had decreased from about 270MB to 9MB. However, it seems to be OK. Anyway thanks for your post.

RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back