Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Time Changes for Daylight Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy278

Technical User
Aug 12, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

Our NICE Universe system is currently set to add one hour to logger times for BST, with the change coming this weekend for fall back to GMT, if we change the option in supervisor to subtract one hour, does this overwrite any recordings previously made?

cheers

No, it will not overwrite any recordings. Durring the process, it stops the recordings, closing all tokens on the loggers, and changes the times. After the time changes, it restarts the channels recording. If you follow NICE's instructions, you will have no problems.

NetechSys

Hi,

Your servers should NOT be configured to automatically adjust for daylight savings. It should be done manually each time because if it's done automatically without stopping the Nice software it can cause corruptions in the databases.

Generally the process it - stop the cls/logger - update the time to the correct time - start the cls/logger.

If the clock is going forward you can start the cls/logger straight away but if it's going back then you need to wait an hour before you restart the logger/cls. This avoids having calls in the DB with the same time stamp.

BarneyGumble1,

This is the correct process, but if you start the system right away, after stopping it, you will not cause any problems, other then having multiple calls at about the same time for the first hour.

There are 2 ways to change the time, depending on the version and setup you have:

1. for some 8.8 (Not using NTP) and older, Use the Nice Supervision software to update the time using the Add / Subtract hour. This stops and restart the loggers for you when you use it.

2. For 8.8 with NTP and newer, stop the loggers and CLS. Change the time on the CLS and restart the w32time service on the loggers. This will make the loggers sync their time when the service restarts. Once all is sync'd, restart the loggers and CLS.

And, I can not stress BarneyGumble's 1st statement, DO NOT set the loggers to automatically adjust for Daylight savings. If you do, it will loop the audio on the logger, making nothing from the that time frame useable.

Good point!

You'd think with the new release of software NICE may have found a way around all this, it's obviously one of the most common pains in the butt of the software but no.

Anyways just wanted to add that on most of my sites the supervision time change option usually seems to fail so I don't bother to try to use it anymore, it's safer to do it all manually even if it means having to work at 2am in the morning of the day in question.

I agree.. This has been a big pain since I started using it. As for the Supervision changing the time, it too is a pain, and only works from time to time. It seems that the newer version do not work that great, and I end up changing the time manually as well.

They have a solution for it, when they bought anothger company, but we will just have to wait and see if anyone starts using it in the newer version of NICE.

RoamingKiwi,

There's alot you'd think that nice would fix....

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mikey, I used to work for Eyretel, the NICE product is a much better product for us who are not close to the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back