Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Storage Center - NMF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbondata

Programmer
Jan 10, 2011
AU
Hello All,
My question is regarding the NICE nmf files. I have a requirment to backup all nmf files to wav. i have a NAS on the network and i was wondering if you can do a migration from storage center to the NAS with the converson in the process.

Regards
Sebastian

hi what version of nice is it, ie 8.9 or perform?

Sebastian -
The only way I know how to do that is to engage NICE Professional Services, they can write an application that will meet your specifications (for a fee). In the versions I'm familiar with, there is not a native conversion and export tool in the application itself. We have engaged them in the past to do something similar.

In 8.9 it's possible to activate archiving to Wav files (using some registry settings on the SC) but there is a limitation. When you archive to Wav files it's not possible to retrieve them later when they're gone from the logger. The system is obviously not cappable of loading/transcoding the file back to the logger for playback.
It's possible to create two archiving tasks where one will archive WAV files and the other one will archive to NMF but it probably won't work, as in 8.9 there is only one row for the archive data, so the system will write the file location of the last run archiving task, if it's going to be the one with WAV files then the system won't be able to retrieve the call for playback.

So you will be probably better off asking Nice PS for a solution to this problem.

Cheaper option is to have an external app built that can query the database pulls the call and uses the NICE Media player (not the codec pack) to play the calls back.

When you look into the realistic cost of creating something yourself (time spent thinking of a solution, designing it, processing it, and QA'ing it) NICE's charge on the odd occasion can be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back