Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice Screenagent v8.8.6 & NT4 to Win2k Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

MIS
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Help please!

I am running Nice CLS, Screen server & Nice Web server all on win 2k servers. All NT4 desktop pc's have the screenagent installed using the agent ID settings.

New desktop migration work has started & now the screenagent has been re-deployed to the new win2k workstations, but the new requirement is using windows logon.

I cannot record the screen data from the win2k machines. I have used the 'tester' function on the Nice CLS server & found that when querying the logon table & universal agent table, that the new workstations seem to have a switch ID set to 0. All NT4 machines are set to 1.

If I check the agent settings using the administration tool, then all users have the switch id setting of 1.

I have also used the screen server tester & connected to the win2k machines via IP adress & all works OK, so I know that the agent is active.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks
Steve

The unitid shouldn't really matter all that much.
The reason why you see this difference in unitid is from the way the SA was set up. In agent setup, you need to define the unit id. In OS login, it is not required (thus the 0 unit ID)

What happens when you attempt an ROD on the agents that are using OS login? Do you get an error when it attempts to record the screen? Since you have already verified that the screen portion is connecting, it seems more like a registration issue with the CLS (i.e. it doesn't know what IP address this workstation belongs to).

With OS login, the Windows login needs to be defined in Administrator before it will work. It will correlate the OS login from your workstation on initial login to determine the unit ID you entered in Administrator (which is why the 0 unit ID doesn't matter).

Hi, thanks for the response.

I do get an error when triggering an ROD from Monitor. it says:

"Unable to record screen agent Smith Jon try to record/observe unmapped ext/trunk"

Any ideas? I have checket that the windows logon box is populated correctly in Administrator.

Thanks.

Then it sounds like a registration issue.
Check the log files on the screen agent (c:\program files\nice agent\logs) and see what it is sending out. See if the parameters match what was entered in Administrator. Also check that the computer you are having issues is listed in the Universal Agent table. This will be what the screen agent registers to.

Hi,

The problem was due to the existence of two network cards on the CLS Server, the first NIC is integrated with the local network and the second one is integrated with the Switch network (mapD card on the Avaya Switch).

As the result the Call server sends the Screen agent IP Address using the “wrong” NIC card.

In order to overcome this issue we changed the connections order in which they are accessed by network services

Thanks for all your help.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back