Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Recording noise on 3 T1s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikenice

Technical User
Feb 2, 2014
DO
Hi,

This entire week, I've had issues with the recording with a TDM Logger.
3 of 4 T1s from a same trunk group are recording a noise instead of the regular audio. They are connected to the first 3 ports of the coupler.
When connecting one of this lines on a different available port, it seems to be ok.
In the channel Monitor, all these channels have an error: Frame loss, no signal

Looking through the logs, the only warning I seem to find is:
| WARNING | 3276 | LogClnt | ETAI3_CheckAllBoards: Board error was reset, <Board, Line, ErrorIndex, ErrCount, FrameLength> 0 3 7 0 1 
| WARNING | 3276 | LogClnt | ETAI3_CheckAllBoards: Board has No Signal (NOS) real error, <Board, Line, ErrorIndex, ErrCount, FrameLength> 0 3 7 1 1 

This error repeats numerously, but I haven't found any documentation stating what this might mean.

I already restarted the logger to see if anything changed, but it stayed the same.

I need help figuring out what this means or where I can find any sorts of information.

Sounds like you are going to need to test each component individually by swapping out with replacement components. I'd start with the coupler itself, if that fails try the cable from the coupler to the logger. I am assuming when you changed ports in the coupler you used the same cables for the T1 into and out of the coupler, if not then maybe those are the issue. I also assume you don't hear the noise on the actual phones themselves when you make test calls on those T1 circuits? If the issue is occurring on the physical phones then is there a large power source near that end of the coupler? If so try moving the coupler?

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

I tested the T1s cables and replaced a couple thinking it could be that.
And I only hear the noise in the recordings, calls come in perfectly to thee phones, no noise whatsoever.

If it's the cable from the coupler to the logger, could only 3 T1s out of 9 be affected?
I'm trying to get a new coupler to confirm that would be what's wrong...

Is this a new system?
Has anything been moved recently? If so what has changed.

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Check the connections from the T1 to the recorder do not run close to a UPS. I am the product manager for a voice recording manufacturer and we have seen issues with cards losing snyc with the ISDN when a UPS is near the connection cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back