Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice Query columns not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntilley

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
AU
The "nice" user login works fine when running Nice Query. However, when I create a new user account, then try to run Nice Query, the application aborts with the error message "The Column(s) user last name, user first name, not found". I expect that this error occurs because the columns are not defined in the SQL tables in the database but are trying to be shown in the Query window. Only I don't know how to modify which columns are shown/hidden in the Query window since it won't actually run. I'm also not sure how to modify the database since the tools available on the Nice server are quite minimal. Any ideas?

Check what the username is on the SQL connection to the CLS server - if you have installed the software using an admin login, you'll probably find that the SQL username is invalid.

To test this, modify the SQL connection to use username "sa" and a blank password.

Let me know if it works, should do though !

Regards,
Chris Lynch
mailto:chris@chrislynch.net

It sounds like you don't have the CLS and/or Logger connections setup correct under the "new" user account that you created in Administer. Go to this user's account profile and under the "privleges" tab, you should see a "servers" drop down list. From there, highlight the word server and click the "+" icon out to the left side. You should then see the "CLS" and "Logger" connections associated with that particualer user. If there are not CLS or Logger connections established, that is probally the cause of your problem. Let me know if this helps.

jody
dakota6352@yahoo.com

You also need to add the app that you are trying to log into under the privilages in administrator

Jody had it. I found that it was a priviledges problem indeed. It was necessary to add the "servers" to the user privileges. Once that was done, the error went away. Note that I also spent some time on the user privideges for specific columns of the tables. Thanks all for your help!
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back