Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Perform & Microsoft OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTexx

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2007
US
We are looking to deploy OCS R2 into our environment, just wanted to know if anyone had experience with NICE and Office Communicator R2. We are a Nortel CS1K environment but plan to migrate some of the end users to OCS as the Telephony desktop endpoint to start out, wanted to know if NICE can record audio for these users.

in what context ?

As office communicator uses sip trunks and has its only recording functionality via audio and video edge server and web conference server and archiving built in.

Are u talking about branch recording or delegation ?

I am specifically looking to record the audio from the communicator client on the users desktop. Initially, we would test with a user group using the communicator as their sole telephony medium. For those agents, I would want to try to use NICE to record the audio streaming to and from the communicator client. I would want to be able to record the user no matter where they went in the enterprise. I not so concerned about remote/home users at the moment.

The architecture we have in mind for OCS is to user the Nortel CS 1000E for telephony so OCS would be connected via SIP trunks to the CS 1000E. We are not going to initially connect any carrier directly to the OCS. So all external communications from OCS will route through the Nortel CS 1000E. So I guess the challenge would be to be able to capture the audio form Communicator Client to another Communicator/SIP devices and from Communicator to external participants.

OCS integration into Nortel's CS1000 has prerequisites. Nortel's CS1000 5.0 release and upwards is supported when connecting to OCS.

Some pointers: For OCS to conenct to any PBX, you need the mediation gateway.
From the Nortel side, as they did on LCS, you will have to install the nortel converged office application on an application proxy, so in this case the OCS application proxy. The OCS application proxy relays the messages to the Nortel PBX. This means that you can connect directly without any gateway in between.

Actually the converged office is Nortel's specific gateway to conenct to the CS1000.

If you have CS1000 5.0, you can use the PBX with SIP Trunking directly. You will need to have the SIP Trunks added setup. However for 4.5 and below you will need a gateway (we will be using an Audiocodes gateway for our Pilot).

signaling:

OCS <==> OCS mediation (role) server <==> OCS role proxy MCM <==> PBX (NRS/SRS)

Speechpath

OCS <==> OCS mediation (role) server <==> PBX (CS1000 5.0 )

Have you looked into NICE VRA? I've done pre-instalation for this in a Ericsson (Aastra) pure softphone environment. It appears to work ok.

uh... this may be stale bread, but another possible method is to use "sip line side" with a session border controller, perform 3.2 supports acme packet and convergence ones.

thanks dwalin, We are looking at SBC's to the carrier however we will still be faced with the Peer to Peer communications between the clients.

GTexx,

well if i got this sip ideology straight, you can have a border on the inside of your network too. :) i don't know your network topology but it may be possible to have every client communicate via sbc and thus have its traffic tapped. microsoft ocs is sip in the base so that shouldn't represent an insolvable problem in my opinion.

Thanks Dwalin, I am pretty new to architecture myself and learning as I go. The most SIP we have done is SIP trunking between our CS 1000M's. Now we are looking at SIP to the carrier, OCS (SIP Clients, SIP Intergration to CS1K's etc.) I guess once I get a better grasp at the topology there may be some avenues exploring as you indicated. We just have to research what solution may work. Just a general idea of our campus: we current have 5 sites all connected to a carrier MPLS network. Each site is connected to the cloud via two 50 Mbps ethernet or DS3. We are only doing SIP trunking (Site to Site) with CS1K's. We do not have any SBC's in our environment as yet. As I stated before we are looking at SIP to the carrier, We would may only initially invest in two SBC's to start and where would place them (DMZ etc)has not decided yet.

GTexx,

um... it may be not suited for this particular forum, but i'd suggest you take a look at Avaya Session Manager. it's a SIP Overlord that may be your solution potentially, if i get the signs right. it also will solve all the troubles with signaling tap so nice recorder implementation should be easy as a breeze.

Thanks Dwalin, I'll look into it. Appreciate it the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back