Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Perform 3.1 and Windows 7 64-bit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US

NICE Documentation states that ROD and Report Viewer Clients for Perform R3.1 are "Not Supported" in a 64-bit Windows 7 environment.

"Not Supported" to me might mean that they don't support it in that environment, not that you can't install it and try to use it.

Has anyone been able to get ROD and Report Viewer Clients for Perform R3.1 working in a 64-Bit Windows 7 environment?

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

hi 3.1 is now sunset so you may want to look at upgrading. 3.2 was first version that supported win 7 64 bit. not supported basically means that they tested it against that version but it doesnt work for whatever reason, mostly because the dll were complied for 32 bit OS.

Hi Stinney

I have ROD working but I needed to edit the dot net full trust settings for framework64 bit manually. Set securety for Perform 3.1 only edits dot net framework, not framework64.

I have not had any problems with Reporter viewer. On only a few PC-s I have not been able to replay, but by installing the codec pack for Perform 3.2 replay works. Nearly all PC-s work with the Perform 3.1 codec pack.

Regards Johan

Johan, thanks for the post. Unfortunately, you're talking a little beyond my skill set.

How would I edit the dot net full trust settings?

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

The setsecurety app edits a file.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config

Setsecurety adds this text.

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup"
version="1"
PermissionSetName="FullTrust"
Name="NICE Perform Code Group"
Description="Allows full trust privileges to NICE Perform Applications">
<IMembershipCondition class="SiteMembershipCondition"
version="1"
Site="NICEPerform_servername"/>
</CodeGroup>

What I did was to copy this txt to a corresponding file for dot net 64 bit

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config

Another way to get the same result would be to use setsecurety for Perform 3.5 or NIM 4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back