Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice NIM 4.1 - issues when two monitored extensions talk between - Active Cisco JTAPI - 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOpotamus

Programmer
Mar 29, 2010
CO
We have an active recording environment, static mapping (total recording), Cisco JTAPI 9.1.1 integration.
on NIM 4.1
We have seen several issues when two monitored extensions talk between.

the background knowledge I have tells me that If two monitored extensions talk between, say,
ext A is mapped with channel 1, and ext B is mapped with channel 2
when they talk, I should have a recording for Ext A on channel 1, and other recording on Ext B on channel 2.
They are 2 different recordings
2 different Segment IDs
2 different Recoding IDs

the issue is that, more than never, we will find the calls querying by agent A, but no queryng by Agent B.
and its due to basic recording on the B side.
After escalation with Nice, they tell us that when two monitored extensions talk between, the resources are
optimized and there will be just one recording, one segment ID with both of extension numbers.

That made me doubt, I beg your help with that.
(remember its total recording, static mapping)

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

The answer from NICE is as per the default configuration, specific setting is RecordOnlyBestParticipant in the RCM. I believe this setting can be turned off but this is not supported with all environments such as Active By Call Recording.

I would recommend discussing this setting further with NICE as it obviously has impact on various recording scenarios and shouldn't be something played with without NICE supervision.

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Sorry just as further info from memory I think the internal call gets tagged by default with the agent receiving the call. I assume you will likely find the other recorded segment under Basic Recordings User assuming you have TRS running with total recording although I've never bothered to check myself.

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back