Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE-mixed stations -IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ancientbg

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2009
BG
Greetings to all
I am starting with the problem I have with the NICE system.
Following is detailed description of the problems we encountered

The system we use :
- NICE CLS (Basic Server) Version 8.9
- QM - NICE Universe, version 8.9
- NICE VoIP Logger, version 9.10
- NICE Screen Logger, version 8.9.
All running on Server 2003
We use DHCP with separate LAN segment for the Stations IP

The problems:
- The calls recorded in the system does not correspond to the proper agents
- When making query by agents some of the agents does not have sound in the recordings

After system check and analysis we found that:
- The stations id does not map to proper IP address
- The voice logger has some sort of table which tells which IP to be mapped to a certain Extension ID
- The example: station 2002 – IP: x.x.x.87 records on channel 15, according to the total VOIP handler in Nice CLS, station 2002 is supposed to be recorded and mapped to channel 2

in the Monitor agents app. - user xxxx with ID.xxx does not correspond to the proper station

There is definitely wrong mapping between the stations and the channels.

Could anyone assist with this problem.

thanks in advance

Hi,

Did you check the channel mapping file in the Logger Definition Tool in the Nice Cls?

Hil

Do you have switch integration?

If you are using DHCP you will require some sort of switch integration in order to keep the station to ip mapping up to date, otherwise your phones may regularly change IP.

Hilal 74,

The channels are mapped to a certain stations ex. 1-2001, 2-2002, 3-2003. still the problem is with the IP of the stations.

RoamingKiwi, The phones should not change the IP but they have. the DHCP has different IP segment range for the Phones, another IP range. The lease for the IP's is indefinite. I might be having switch integration, I ll be gratefull to point me where to check for it. files folders./..

thanks

Thank you all for the help.
We managed to fix the issue which was no receive of packets to the ras 323 driver from the mediagateway.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back