Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Logger 8.8 - capturing sub VDNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuman1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
CH
Hello all;
Is there a way to capture sub VDNs in logger 8.8? Right now NICE captures only the "lead" VDN. Our users would like to query calls by sub-VDNs. There's a field in the CLS DB named "VDN2" that's always blank. Thought maybe this is where the sub-VDN would be.

Our switch is Avaya S8700 using Avaya T-server.

Thanks!

A guess which might help:
The VDN-number sent to the CTI-server by the S8700 server is probably the VDN in your vector-script in which the field Allow VDN override is set to no. If you have underlying VDN's in your vector-script, this means that this is the VDN-number & name the agent will see in his station display and thus probably the VDN-number sent to the CTI-server. Changing the mentioned field in the concerned VDN's might help but could also have side-effects on your call-routing & reporting.

If my guess is wrong you would have to take a look at the configuration of the CTI-server...

Let me know what comes up and good luck!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Thanks, I will check this out!

Also, if trunks are ISDN, look at the second page of the VDN to ensure Allow VDN Override for ISDN Trunks is stroked Y. This is avaialble on R10 and later Avaya PBX.

We have R11 here and our trunks are ISDN but I don't see that on the VDN form(?). I have tested with setting the VDN Override to "Y" and I'm able to query the sub-VDNs now but now can't query the lead VDN. Would be "nice" if we could query both.

Thanks!

Do a CHA VDN XXXXX and go to Page 2.

There is a field, something like "Allow VDN Override for ISDN Trunks?". Stroke it Yes.

VDN OR works like this:

VDN1/DNIS: 123456 VDN OR: Y
VDN2: 234567 VDN OR: N
HUNT: 345678 Display: 234567

Display = set display and CTI data if VDN OR for ISDN trunk is stroked. If you query on DNIS instead of VDN, you might find what you are looking for. DNIS and VDN are generally different in this case, when you stroke VDN OR to Y, you lose the previous VDN in the VDN data field. You see the data for the last 'N' in the flow only.

You can also query on hunt extension, it is something like Group in CLS record. Regardless of VDN, the hunt ext gets added to call record for ACD calls.

zuman1,

in r11, this field is tied to asai core license. check disp sys cust if you have it opened, if not, you should contact your vendor.
starting with cm3.0.1, this field is available either with asai core or with computer telephony adjunct links.

dwalin;
I checked and the ASAI Link Core is set to "n". So if this is turned on it sounds like we could capture both the lead VDN and sub-VDN.

Thanks!
zuman

zuman1,

yes. effectively, all this option does is sending information about vdn override over asai link. if it is turned off (and it is by default), vdn override works but information about it is not sent to the monitoring application, nice cls in this case. hence, cls doesn't know about effective vdn number and can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back