Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE/IEX Vs. WITNESS/BLUE PUMPKIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdred

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2005
US
Hello All,

My company is in the middle of sourcing companies to use for WorkFOrce Management and Quality Recording for our Contact Centers and we are pretty much stuck on the two major players:

NICE/IEX
WITNESS/BLUE PUMPKIN

I was just wondering if any member who has exposure to these companies could shed some light on the topic and provide us with some strengths and weaknesses for the two above.

Thank you all for your help

Bye the way,

I forget to mention a very important piece. My Company is an Avaya Shop, running CM 3.1.2 on Avaya S8720s spread accross 3 Locations, with CMS Ver 13.

Thanks all

Craigdred

We looked at Nice, but went with Witness (we already had Blue Pumpkin). Our decision was made before Witness & Blue Pumpkin joined up.

Reasons for selecting Witness:
Cost
Server Configuration

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

I also like how the Witness/Blue Pumpkin aka Impact 360 seems to be almost totally converged. It seems that the two pieces are incorporated together creating one complete tool. Is that how your setup is now Susan?

craigdred,

also take a look at teleopti ccc. i've seen their presentations, looks quite impressive.

Thanks for your feedback. Anybody else has any experience with Call Recording Applications?

Thanks

craigdred,

i have experience with witness and nice recording solutions. what are you interested in?

Its pretty much a close match between NICE/IEX
WITNESS/BLUE PUMPKIN and ASPECT. I was just wondering if anyone who has exposure to these companies could shed some light on the topic and provide us with some strengths and weaknesses for these providers?

Thanks

craigdred,

i have no experience with aspect so can't say anything about their products. as for nice/witness, both vendors make good reliable products. nice recording systems are a bit outdated on the technological side but are strong on usability and security. witness has more advanced architecture but its user interface is average at best and its security part is not adequate imho. for example, with nice cls you can explicitly allow a person to listen a selected group of other peoples' recordings and nothing else. with witness, you give access to the whole system. or at least i haven't seen any other option.

We have Witness eQuality 6.5, and you set the access to individual recordings based upon the user's role and their assigned supervisor. In our organization, the only people who can listen to other individual's recordings are the supervisor and manager for that individual.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

SF0751,

thanks, i thought it could be available as an option or something and it bothered me to see a good (on the whole) recording system without decent security. afaik eQuality is an option, and fact is that plain ContactStore doesn't have any notable security. :( unlike nice recording systems where you have it even with logger-only installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back