Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice easy question this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbasslichtie

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Okay, I made a huge big complicated issue in my last problem, and I've managed to solve it. My question this time is, how can you set a data access page to display on an existing form? Ive got a form set up to recieve new data, but some of that data has to be input into a data access page (I do have good reasons). How can I set it up so the data acces page is visible on the form?

Cheers

Andrew

So you want users to enter data in to a data access page that is embedded in a form, but also to enter data in to the form itself yes?

I think you need to open up a form in design view and draw a bound box, then sleect the data access page to put inside.

Thanks for the help, it seems to be the way to go if I can get it working right. But, I cant seem to get the page to display right, in an unbound box I can only get the Icon of the page even if display content is selected in the properties screen. I'm not 100% sure about how to point a bound box at a html page, and cant seem to find anything helpful in the properties screen, could someone help me out again please?

Sorry if this is completely obvious, but Ive never dealt with this aspect before

Cheers

Andrew

Can you right click and set the property so it has the path name correct? t's probably fine, but worth checking again.

What about a Bound box, is that any better?

I've not done this before, but I think it's the right way to go.

After a spot of help scanning, bound boxes can only be used with a data source so I dont think its possible to use them, the path is correct on the unbound box and it shows the right file icon, it just won't view as content even if the property is set and I dont know why.

It does seem to be the best way though, if only I can get it working and not ignoring my orders....

Okay, Ive got the problem solved by actually using a subform linked by a common primary key. Can anyone tell me how to set a delete record button that will delete the record in the form AND the subform please? Ive built a button to delete the record already, but the subform remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back