Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice Dat Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

proactiv

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2003
US
I am Running a Dat Library Ver 7.50 on win 95. I am trying to upgrade the database on xp when doing so nice database will no longer print the lables for the tapes does anyone know a fix for this?

What version are you upgrading to? 8.x?

If it is 8.x, in the administrator/backup there is a place that you set how the labels should be printed, automatic or manual.

I think he means he is upgrading the OS to XP. If so I think there is a problem with the printer driver on XP have a word with NICE and ask them for the correct driver.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

First off, 7.5 Dat Library is not supported on XP. That being said, I wil try to help you a bit. :)

What type of printer are you using? The Co-Star (Seiko) or the Brother? If you are using the Co-Star, there is no driver that is needed, only an available Com Port.

Are you upgrading the software to a newer version?

NetechSys

I am using a Brothers PT-PC printer, The Nice VErsion is the same upgraging the OS to XP.

Ok, to use the Brother P-Touch printer, you need to reinstall the Brother software. The file I have is PTouch-2000. When installing it, make sure you install the PTouch Editor. Select the defaults, and make sure the port added is called the default (Like ptouch1:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back