Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE CLS Inserter job 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewspec

Technical User
Mar 16, 2011
CZ
Hi all,
we are running NICE CLS Server 8.90 and it seems that NICE CLS Inserter job is not working - there are no calls in CLS database in the period of time when CLS Server is down (because of the maintenance for example).
As far as I know, NICE engineer had some problems when he was installing the site 5 years ago regarding to tblInserterCalls table. I have suspicion he "solve" this by disabling Inserter job. Is this possible? Do you have any suggestions how to find out if Inserter is installed (I've read it is an extra module) and running or not?

Thank you in advance.

I do know that any calls recorded when CLS is off/down will end up in the Inserter table.
I'm not sure about disabling the Inserter job.
If you can, login to the CLS server console and look at CLS manager, it should show the status of what's running ( Inserter is one of them )

All processes in CLS Manager is running, none of them is Inserter. I heard, on different sites Inserter job it can be named differently.
My idea, the problem is caused by disabled Inserter jos is maybe wrong if you have any other suggestion what can cause the calls are missing, please share it with me.

Thanks.

If you don't have inserter in the CLS Manager then it's not installed on your system. If it can be named differently then only on Nice Perform where it's called TRS.

In the Task Manager check if you have Inserter.exe running, you can also check in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NICECTI\SYSTEM\Inserter

You should have some additional info there like the ExeFile, Inserter_Version, Pathname, ToBeRunByDispatch etc.

If you don't have any of the above then Inserter isn't installed.

BTW, installing inserter has nothing to do with DB modification, the DB is already prepared for Inserter upon CLS installation.

Thanks blesio,
I have just checked registry entries and Inserter directory is missing. I will contact NICE support and ask them to install Inserter.
Strange thing is, that me and also my predecesors assume the synchronization was working...

If you had the inserter installed you should see it in the CLS Manager, if not then check for running processes, the process is Inserter.exe, you can also find this in the registry on the CLS:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NICECTI\SYSTEM\Inserter]
"HoleThresh"="10"
"FirstRun"="No"
"ExeFile"="C:\\nicecti\\Bin\\Inserter.exe"
"ToBeRunByDispatch"="7"
"TrapString"="Inserter - missing calls were added to the nice_cls database "
"Pathname"="C:\\nicecti\\Bin/InserterSnmpAgent.dll"
"DurationInHours"="11"
"StartHour"="19"
"Inserter_Version"="8.80.11.2"

If you don't have this in the registry then likely inserter is not installed.

Oh, and one more thing, the inserter installation is straitforward and has nothing to do with preparing the DB as the CLS DB is already prepared with the apropriate tables during CLS installation.

Ohhh, and one more thing. You won't find Inserter calls in a normal Query, you need to open the Query app and then choose from the menu: Search and then you should choose Build Inserter query and then and only then the DB will be queried for Inserted calls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back