Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice Application - Logon Screen (Button - "Forgot My Password" is not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vedovotao

Technical User
Sep 10, 2013
BR
Hi All,

Someone can help me with a doubt..

On First logon Screen of Nice Application have a button "Forgot My Password" and not working.. I want configuring this function..
Can we configure this with a SMTP Server? I put SMTP at ISS Server in App Server, but not work.
Someone can help me ?

I know is a stupid doubt ... I'm a newbe with NiceApp

Thanks..[wink]

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e3bbc4ce-84a4-4d3b-b53c-c52ec2226a69&file=Screen_Nice.JPG
Hi,

smtp service in application server should be enabled and be allowed to forward.

hb

Hi Hilal74,

Thanks for your reply...

Can I use a SMTP Server External? And can I change the language of text sending to final user?

Thanks alot.

Hi,

Do you mean by external smtp server?

When you configure the smtp in the application server, you only need to put the IP address of the server smtp.

Did you already install the language pack?

hb

Hi,

Yes, I say external smtp server.

I configured the smtp and he is working.

The language pack is installed but I want know where change the linguage setting of email.

Thanks alot !!!

Hi,

Can you send me a screen shot of the message.

Thanks
hb

Hi Friends !
Does anyone can tell me where I can setup the SMTP server, please ?
I can't find it.

Thanks in advance !

Claudio.

oClaudioX

Hilal, Sorry for Delay.
Well, I check my application Server and after upgrade to 4.1 version I don't know where it is the installation the language packet.

If you have access the ExtraNice.com, can you get a guide about this theme for me? My Access is blocking.

Thanks alot.

Hi oClaudioX,

On the Application Server you search for the IIS Server 6.

Start=> All Programs=> Administrative Tools => Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager
or put in "Run" => "InetMgr6.exe

Thanks Vedovotao !
I got a IIS tutorial and setup my Exchange Server as SMTP.
But when I try to reset the password, I received the same erros message.
System Error
Failed to send new password to user email.

Do you (or some other friend) know a environment that use Exchange Server (2010) and Nice Perform on the same LAN using this resource ?

Thanks in advance !

oClaudioX

As Vedovotao stated set up smtp in IIS 6.0 Manager

Then test you can send email from the applications server command prompt using telnet commands:
Once you have verified email works using telnet then start testing nice, you need to have:
- a 'from' email configured in System Administrator, Master Site, Applications, Configurations, General, Default Sender Email Address
- a 'to' email configured in the user account of the user whose password you are trying to reset configured in User Administrator, User Name, General Tab, Email Address

The user must have an Account Status = Active for it to work, a locked out account will not allow the email reset of the password.

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

AlmostMe, thanks !
I got everything, but I had some others infra issues. I'll check that and try againg.

Thanks for all !

oClaudioX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back