Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC issues with HS21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent37

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
AU
Hi all;
I am seeking advices / instructions or document related to the NIC issues with the HS21 Blade server.
The HS21 are having NIC1 and NIC2 connected to network via the Copper Pass-thru modules.
After windows server 2003 with SP2 installed, there are no net activity in these switch modules, none of the chanel indicators are on or blinking. the NIC driver seems OK under the Conrol panel, system, hardware device manager. The subnet and the network switch are working fine, other servers eg. HPs connected to the same network switch are working fine, new plug in devices can pick up the DHCP from the same sub net with no issue.
I have also updated the NIC driver via the "Broadcom NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet s/w CD version T2.8.8", which come with the HP21, the driver was installed but still having issues.
I wonder whether the firmware on these Copper Pass-thru modules need to be updated or not. If yes, then where I can find it? it seems too many firmware there, do I need to apply them all on the HS21 and the bladeCentre H?
Also, a newer version T3.0.5 CD for the NIC is available from IBM web site, I wonder if update the NIC driver from this T3.0.5 CD will fix the NIC problems or not.
Any one having the same NIC issues as I?

Best regards

Kent37

Problem solved.
Both ports on the network switch and and Copper Pass-thru need to be enabled. By default, the ports on the switch module are disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back