Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeter

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
US
what is the best way to install nic cards on NT ? Can PNP be turned on ?

NT isn't known for its plug and play...<br>The last one I put in I just put it in and ran the software...(once I got one that would see the other cards on the lan)...the 1st one didn't so I made the card the same brand as the others and it worked!<br>I'm sure it doesn't always go this easily...but maybe you'll get lucky.<br>John Payne<br><A HREF="mailto:cadman2_2000@yahoo.com">cadman2_2000@yahoo.com</A><br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Windows NT is not plug and play. My advice is to go with a good quality PCI NIC (intel or 3com). As long as there is only one NIC in the machine installation should be fairly seamless. <p>Al<br><a href=mailto: atc-computing@home.com> atc-computing@home.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi,<br><br>To install a nic card on machine runing WINNT<br><br>1) If you trayed before with a bad driver you have to remove<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;it and remove all services with right clik on naberhood..<br>icon on&nbsp;&nbsp;your desk restart your computer find a good drivers<br>and double click on niberho.. icon and system prompt you to<br>inter a good driver as during installation of NT Os<br><br>else you have to download a good drivers from the site web<br>and i am sure it will run proprely <br><br>Don't forget to update your SP<br><br>Good luck <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back