Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC CARD CODE 10 ERROR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

juxtabeginner

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2001
US
I have an Intel PRO/100 VE network adapter on a SONY labtop. I tried to reach the internet and could not. I contacted my ISP and they had me ping the NIC...it could not be found. The Device Manager indicated it was working.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it. When I reinstalled it I got the "This device cannot start. (Code10)" message. The troubleshooting section says to uninstall and reinstall. I tried that again. Same result. I am using the NIC card successfully to gain access to my network. Could the drivers be the problem? TIA

First I would start buy getting a new driver form the intel website
search for the part number of the nic..
The reinstall with a new driver, if that does not fix it then start looking to see if your bios my need upgraded to support the card. 95% of the time you get a code 10 because driver is not correct. Also boot it in safe mode F8 while it is booting and go to device manger and delete any signs of the old driver.

I went to the Intel site and installed all of the upgraded drivers. Found old drivers still on the system and move them to a directory I created. Uninstalled and reinstalled the NIC...the Plug and Play can never find the card, I've had to reinstall it manually every time.
The NIC is the original card that came with the laptop so I doubt that the BIOS is the problem.
I out of ideas...hoping you are someone can help.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, updated the drivers from the Intel website several times. I am still getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have done all of the troubleshooting recommendations.
In the System32/drivers directory is the main driver: e100bnt5.sys.
In the System32 directory are the other drivers:
e100bmsg.dll, e100bnt5.din, IntelNic.dll and Prounstl, which has a red circle with the line through it. I guessing you cannot use this uninstall driver because of the Code 10 problem.
Anyway thats how it is currently configured.
I'm hoping someone can help. TIA

Hi!
Eliminate windows .
Make a dos boot disk with pcmcia enabler .
If you get it to run , you will know that
both pc/bios/hw and the card is working .

If it works with dos enabler and don't work in windows it's some resource allocation problem .
If it don't work with dos enabler there is some pc/bios/hw/card issue .

Regards[reindeer2]syar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back