Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NG AI Client Auth - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edison69

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
US
We are using client auth for accessing the Internet the people that are authorized.

User1 can browse the Internet using User1 + Password1
User2 can browse the Internet using User2 + Password2

When the action of "client auth" applies, I understand that Checkpoint Firewall1/VPN1 AI running on Nokia IP350 gives permission to the IP adress of the machine that is requesting the service.

When configured in this way, the following is happening:

User1 can browse the Internet using User1 + Password1
User2 can browse the Internet using User1 + Password1
UserX can browse the Internet using User1 + Password1

Are there any way that Chekpoint blocks the second/thirth attempt to authenticate with the same User1 + Password1 made by other users in the local network ???

Do I have to use an extra product?

TIA

Edison

Hi,
for the Client_Auth on checkpoint, you can only create a group for filtering.
I try to explain :
user1+password1 group user@alpha where alpha is a network.
user2+password2 group user@beta where beta is a network different fro the alpha network.

In this way group user@alpha can accept connection fron only the network defined and beta only fron network difend.
This is the only way that can permit the filter of the Client_auth under checkpoint.

Also, you can low the number of session for each client_auth, day and time of acceptance and time of during the authentication.

Sorry for my bad English!!!! :) Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back