Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse ticketing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRCC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
CA

Hi all.

I'm hoping you fine folks will be able to shed some light on a problem we're having.

First a little background.

We're running a 2 MetaFrame XP v.1 (FR1 & 2) server farm. Each MetaFrame server is running Win 2K Server (SP2).

When trying to access a desktop on "Citrix 1" (for sake of this question, it's the first server in the farm...second server is "Citrix 2") using NFuse Classic, I'm receiving the following error:

"The ticketing feature is disabled on one or more MetaFrame
servers. Please make sure the Citrix XML service is running on all
MetaFrame Servers in the farm and that all are listening on the
same port number."

I can access "Citrix 2" desktop with no problem and access everything with no errors using Program Neighborhood (v. 6.20), but for some it's not an option, hence
NFuse.

According to the error message, I have to make sure that "Citrix XML" service is running on all MetaFrame servers and that all are listening on the same port. Both servers are indeed listening on the same port, but I can find no "Citrix XML" running in "services" on either server. To the best of my knowledge, this service has never been on either server and seemed to run fine in the past.

I have been able to find very little on Citrix's KB on it, but they did say that "CTXMSS.EXE" (along with switches) should be loaded, but I can't find this application on either server.

I have also noticed that, on occasion, I would get a UN/PW required box to just access the NFuse page. When a valid UN/PW is entered, it says that it's invalid. If you click "cancel", then the page loads.

Also, all servers in our network tests clean for virus'.

Any help or suggestions would be (and is) greatly appreciated!

Mark

Mark,
The XML service is a Win2k 'service' but it is set under the MF XP CMC.
In the CMC, under the 'Servers' icon, right click on each server name and select Properties.
Under the MetaFrame Settings tag, about 3/4 of a page down, is an entry 'Citrix XML Service'
This is where you set the XML port number.

Check that the server is listening by opening a command window and using the 'netstat -a -n' command and looking for the port number set.
Greenhoff's Knee

Greenhoff.

Thanks for the quick response!

I looked in the CMC and on all servers under "Citrix XML Service", it shows "Sharing with IIS".

There is a Citrix document that addresses this (CTX670965). It says to make sure that the Citrix XML Service is NOT enabled on the servers, to make sure that "ctxxmlss.txt", "clm.dll" and "wpnbr.dll" exist in the InetPub\scripts directory, and to either stop/restart the IIS Admin Service or reboot the server (I rebooted) and then verify that port 80 is now being shared (it is).

The interesting part comes next when it says to check the "NFuse.Properties" file on the server under systemroot/java/trustlib. It says to make sure that the "SessionField.NFuse_CitrixServerPort" line exists and shows port 80 being registered. The only entries in the "NFuse.Properties" file is:

ConfigurationFileEncoding=8859_1
ConfigurationFile=C:\\Program Files\\Citrix\\NFuse\\conf\\NFuse.conf

Because the "SessionField.NFuse....." line is located in the NFuse.conf file (and correct), I assume then that the second line in "NFuse.Properties" (see above) points to the NFuse.conf file where Citrix gets it's information. If so, then is the information in the Citrix document in error?

Anyway, according to the document all is correct on all servers (and identical except for certain server specific lines) but I'm still getting the original ticketing error.

Anyone see anything that I'm missing?

Any further suggestions, again, are greatly appreciated!

Mark

Hi all.

Problem has been solved. It turned out that it was, indeed, an IIS issue. The "IUSR" account on "Citrix 1" had, somehow (noone will fess up to it), been disabled, which is what caused the UN/PW box to keep coming up. Once re-enabled and the server re-booted, everything works fine and the ticketing issue is gone.

Thanks again for your input Greenhoff and thanks to all for this website.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back