Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFUSE Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIMTI

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
CA
Hi... I want NFUSE to ask for a password when starting a published application.Not all ...just one.
The reason i want to do that is cause the login script is not running when loging in to the desktop..hence no drive mapping.
So if someone can help me launch the login script or tell me how to prompt for a password.

Any help will be greately appreciated.

The problem is that from NFuse, it uses the logon credentials for the NFuse page to launch the published applications. I can't think of a way off the top of my head to launch a specific application differently. I've never run into a situation where I required it.

Why is it important that the users run the logon script for the application and not the others? If access to a mapped drive from another application is a concern it is possible to hide drive letters from the users using Windows 2000 Group Policy or NT 4.0 System Policy.

If you give me some information on how you want the system to work I might be able to help you come up with a workable solution.

Thanks ahalecitrix for the input.
We publish "desktop" on NFUSE site. when users open the app the login script does not run.
What i want is to run the login script when users login to the application.
When users login into Citrix server using Metaframe client then they are fine and the script runs.

I hope that i explained correctly to you.

Thanks

HIMTI

What you may be able to do is this:

1. Create a batch file or script that starts the application and then executes the scipt or vice versa.

2. Specify this batch file as the application command line on the Published Application properties (Application Location tab in the CMC).

Are you using MetaFrame XP or 1.8?

OK - so as I understand it, if you publish a full desktop, drive mappings are ok. If you publish just the application, the drive mappings are not there.

With the published application(s), are you allowing anonymous access? If so, then make sure that you disable that to ensure that they are running the app as themselves (and thus running the login script). Also, you might want to try setting via group policy/regedit to only allow syncronous logon scripts ie change the RunLogonScriptSync value to 1 (i.e., ENABLED) in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon key (normal if you edit your registry, be damn careful and if you break anything don't blame me warnings apply!) This should force the drive mappings to be completed before the app starts.

Cheers

If you want to map the same drives for anyone who logons on to a particular metaframe server edit the usrlogon.cmd to include the mappings.

I use it and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back