Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFUSE 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarraghFitzpatrick

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
i want to set up my nfuse web site to automaticly login using a specific user. This was possible in Nfuse 1.5 through the use of a wizard. Anybody know how to do this ?

I can get you started. First you'll need to modify the login.asp file. Find this line:
If Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD") = "POST" Then
replace it with
If 1=1 Then
Just below, fill in
user = "joeuser"
domain = "DOMAIN"
password = "joespassword"
That should use the same credentials, irrelevant of what's typed in the field.

One problem with this, is the password is stored in clear-text in the login.asp file. This may be a security risk!

-gbiello

The (possible) downside with the prior reply is that it hardcodes a user and password into your login.asp page. There are a number of other (more controlled, more secure) approaches to this. There is a new feature to 1.7 called the NFuse administration (it installs to " and will require NT authentication through a popup window). Once there, click the AUTHENTICATION link (left column). From here you have much greater control of NFuse logins.

The help (there is a link for in the top left of the page) is VERY thorough on explaining how Nfuse processes each of these options. At the bottom of this reply I have pasted a small portion of the text concerning the 4 authentication options. In your case, if you can use Desktop Credential Pass-Through, I recommend it, as it will take UserID/Pwd you login to your box with and pass that through. Or you can use the GUEST login, and specify through the Citrix Mgmt Console (under each published app in the Published Apps) that you want to include ANONYMOUS for those apps -- therefore showing them for everyone.

Both of these are better solutions as they do not leave unnecessary userid's/pwd's lying around. In addition, you have maintained control using Citrix's tools -- and can therefore more easily find/make changes in the future in this consolidated location.

If you haven't used the web-based Nfuse administrator much, I also recommend touring through its other rather useful abilities.

Long answer, but hope this helps.

Tom Fuller

TEXT FROM NFUSE HELP:
-----------------------------------
Specifying how Users Authenticate to NFuse Classic
Authentication to NFuse Classic takes place when a user accesses NFuse Classic, using the login dialog or via another authentication method. If authentication is successful, NFuse Classic returns the user's application set. To configure user authentication to NFuse Classic, use the Authentication page.

Note: The type of authentication you specify does not affect the method used for ICA Program Neighborhood Agent Clients. You must edit the Config.xml file to change the authentication method used by the Program Neighborhood Agent Clients. See the ICA Win32 Client Administrator’s Guide for more information.

You can specify the following methods of authentication:

Explicit authentication - Users are required to log into NFuse Classic by supplying a username and password. Microsoft domain-based authentication and Novell Directory Service (NDS) authentication are available. How?

Smart card - Users can authenticate to NFuse Classic by inserting a smart card into a smart-card reader attached to the client device. The user is prompted for a PIN. How?

Desktop Credential Pass-Through - Users can authenticate to NFuse Classic using the credentials they provided when they logged into their Windows desktop. Users do not need to re-enter their credentials at the NFuse Classic Login page and their application set is automatically displayed. How?

Guest login - Guest users can access NFuse Classic without supplying a username and password and launch applications published for anonymous use on the MetaFrame server. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back