Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse 1.7 publishing apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonastremor

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I recently set up a citrix server for the first time. I need to have certain apps published through ICA client on the LAN and others available through nfuse. I can't seem to get this to work. If it is possible can someone tell me how. Also I figured if not possible then I would put nfuse apps in a seperate folder so lan clients could see all then default nfuse to that folder. Is that possible?

Thanks

Did you try and permission the published apps by group? Say for instance have an NT group for APPS-CITRIX-NFUSE and permission that group to the appropriate apps and then have a group APPS-CITRIX-LAN and permission that group to the other apps.

Wouldn't the users have to have two logons, one for nfuse and one for the domain. That should be easy enough, have logons be nfuseusername, or something like that, with the same password, but I know that the users would not want to be bothered remembering something so easy.

The web client is just an extension of PN, so any apps that are published to a user will appear in both NFuse and PN.

I think your suggestion of publishing the apps to separate folders is a good solution - it's certainly possible.

Otherwise, Opium's suggestion would work well.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Do you know how to default nfuse to open at the folder i create. Not showing the other apps by default

With NFuse Elite you can allow the user to configure the web page to display only folders/farms that they use, but I do not know of a way to default to a folder even in NFuse Elite. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back