Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFUSE 1.7 Classic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

citrix98

Technical User
Mar 18, 2002
US
We are directing our users to our NFuse web site to install the Citrix 32-bit web client only. We distribute the ICA files via email. Is there any way to NOT DISPLAY any published applications on the NFuse web page that users are accessing explicitly?

Let's see if i understand you correct:

You want users to install the client, they got via the mail, and not have any apps visible in NFuse, before the client is installed?

Free citrixprinting support

Users go to the nfuse web site, get authenticated and then the mechanized install of the 32 bit web client occurs.
All published applications available to the user are then displayed. Users are downloading the applications to their desktops and this is causing problems. I manually send all ICA files to users via email so to avoid confusion, we want to utilize the nfuse web site for the automated web client install only so I want to see if I can make a change to nfuse so that it does not display the published applications. Thanks for any help.

Why would you want to validate a person, before he/she can autoinstall the client? Why not redirect to the install page directly. (and making that the only page)
If you insist on using validation, kill the template.ica file. Nothing will start after that. They can click till they see green.

Free citrixprinting support

You could put the link for the install on another page entirely. Not on Nfuse itself but just a web page with the links and instructions. What would be best is a secure site.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back