Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFS mount timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloups

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2003
FR
Hi all,

i try to mount on may AIX 4.3.3 box a filesystem exported by a linux server with RedHat 9

The network seem to be ok, i can log on the two servers from each other using ssh, telnet. Ping is ok beetween the servers.

- My linux server also export other filesystems to another server and works fine.

- /etc/exports is ok and i reexpoted all the filesystems using exportfs -rav

- NFSd and portmaper are stared on the two machines.

When i try to mount the filesystem on my AIX box, smity gives me the folowing message:

mount: server lnxsrv not responding
: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out
mount: backgrounding
lnxsrv:/test

Any idea ??

Never ran across that problem personally myself, but to start simple have you tried NFS mounting from the AIX system to the Linux system?

Also is the Linux Box in the etc/hosts on the AIX system??? Have you tried Mounting the NFS share from the Linux box via IP instead of hostname???

Just trying to gather some more info and maybe make some suggestions in the mean time..

There is two fs exported and mounted ok on my linux box.

All the /etc/hosts are ok on the two boxes and i also tried whit the ip address but the problem stil remains.

Looking at rpcinfo -p on the two machine, it seems to be good, i tried using tcp and udp but that's not different.

as i said previously portmaper is started on the two servers

Sorry, we posted at the same time. Are you sure there's no firewall in between?

Cheers

Ok i've found the problem but that's strange.

My linux box has two NIC and when i try to mount the file system on the AIX box using the linux's hostname, it doesnt work.

Using specificaly one of the NIC adress made it work but smitty had replaced the ip adress bye the hostname.

In conclusion rcp services seems to wait for connections only on one of the two NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back