Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFRD960 ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigjig

MIS
Oct 15, 2003
PH
Hi,

I just migrated to an IBM x205 with RAID 1 under NT4, (i know its old, but stable =) ) anyways I couldnt figure out how the error at the event viewer:

Source: nfrd960
type: error
Category: none

Driver detected a controller error on \Device\ScsiPort1

I checked the ServeRAID Manager and there was no indication of errors regarding the matter. Please help, i'v been trying to figure this out for 3 weeks already.

Thanks
JIG

Hi,

Make sure your ServeRAID device driver matches with firmware and BIOS of the controller.

say, how do i match them?? and the BIOS of the controller how do i get there??? help pls..

Hi jigjig,

Visit IBM website and search for MIGR-39723. download the firmware diskette and NT support diskette.

Update your raid driver first, upon shutdown boot from the firmware diskette. SO the next time it boot-up your raid firmware and device driver are in match version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back