Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nextel Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjkress

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
US
Anyone have any experience with Nextel Blackberries? I am looking into moving some of my users to this device because they are interested in the phone/blackberry unit. How well does the phone work and sound. Is wireless connectivity the same for both phone and bb email?

Best Regards,

JJ

Our Nextel rep gave us a phone to test for a few days. I was not the "tester" but I installed the software for the test user. Here's as much as I know about the new Nextel device.

The pro - the setup was exactly the same as with the RIM 957's and RIM 950's and the Nextel device works with an existing BES server.

The cons - We're on the west coast and the coverage isn't as good with this device as the regular Nextel phone service is. The battery life on the device only lasted one day before charging was needed.

We decided against it at my company. It wasn't worth the additional cost. I would recommend that you persuade your Nextel rep to let you test the product before you buy it.

I was afraid the phone would not match up to the quality of the other nextel phones. I was told the other day that the phone was not developed by Motorola like the rest of their phones. Thanks for the reply. We are getting one to test this week. If possible can you tell me how the Email connection and Web browsing faired compared with your Cingular devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back