Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Next release BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2233

Vendor
Sep 1, 2005
CA
Anyone know when the next release of BCM will be coming out ? Any special or great features on the agenda for the next major release ?

beta trial starts mid of september. i think GA date may be next year. here's an overview of the new features:

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking Enhancements*
• SIP trunk enhancements for inter-working with service providers converged access
New SMB Centric IP Phones
• Introduction of IP Phone 1200 Series (1210, 1220, 1230) optimized for SMBs
• Support of IP Phone 1110 & Expansion Module for IP Phone 1100 Series
Meet Me Audio Conferencing Capabilities
• Flexible, secure, easy to use and scalable solution for up to 18 users
Activity Reporter
• Basic & advanced (customizable), reporting on telephony and related metrics
Intelligent Contact Center Enhancements
• New APIs for integration of 3rd party applications, Performance and reporting
enhancements, Silent Record a Call feature
Operability Enhancements
• IP Music Enhancements, Power On Self Test (POST) Logging, Business Element
Manager Change Tracking Logs, System ID Field Copy
Integration Enhancements
•Support for Unified Messaging 4.0 (including integration with MSN Messenger),

Hopefully it includes the ability to renumber a range of DNs instead of only one at a time. That would save a lot of time when installing 100 sets.

What about a Cold Reset option to renumber the DN's? I have done that on a new install and it changes all of them at once. I am sure you don't want to mess with existing DN's though.

Nooop:

That works if all your DNs are consective only. None of my sites are like that. They may want ext 2101-2105 then 2109-2120, then 2305-2315, and so on. At least on BCM 3.x you had the renumber wizard and could do a range of DNs.

I've heard that some kind of renumber feature will be re-integrated. But i don't know if it will be with the upcoming release.

Is there any plans to increase IP set capacity on the BCM porfolio or or is 90 sets the limit for the fore-seeable future ?

After working with BCM for a little over a month, I am glad to see how feature-packed this system is. There are two features however I hope will be included someday

-Ability to use DN keys with "Transfer to Voicemail" feature
-SNMP communication with APC UPSs (the latest APCUPSd version supports this feature so MAYBE it'll be included in the next release)

Do you know if there is a way to contact Nortel for suggestions / improvements?

well lots of new things comming a 500 port sip solution a increase of ip phones on the bcm and a rebuild of the motherboard and a doing away with the msc card

When is all of this happening. Sounds like good stuff.

SIP - 500 end point ?
BCM re-design ?

And when does the 450 come out ?
Is it the same chassis and concept as the current BCM 400 ? same media bay modules ?

I was told later this year (2008). Didn't get much out of him as we were discussing how to get 140 analog ports on a 400 box...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back