Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEXT GENERATION OF CLIPPER 5.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Friends,

I would like from you would be the best way to choice
for Clipper programmers in Windows environment or which
the last and the best choice in MSDOS environment.

Which is at the present time the Clipper version for
Windows or the best equivalent?

GL

Giovanni, check out That's the official website of Fivewin.

Fivewin is the fatest and easiest way to build business applications for microsoft windows (95,98,NT,2000, XP) using CA-Clipper 5.x technology.

Best regards

Jesus Tarre
jesustarre@cantv.net
Maracaibo, VENEZUELA

I am a personal fan of Alaska XBase

They are beta testing a RAD version of it now.

If you are a current Clipper programmer you may want to look for the TopDown library for it.

You can write the code just like you did in Clipper (@.. Say.. Get.. etc..) and the topdown library will convert it to windows style forms.

Also it is practically 100% clipper compatible. Some of the libraries you currently use may have to be changed, but we converted very easily.

Richard L. Hankins Jr.
Senior Programmer
Auction Services, Inc.

Richard,

How is Alaska'a stability nowadays. I gave up a few years ago as I just could not trust it. A bit like Windows XP, it'll be nice when it's finished. Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

With the newest version (1.8) most of the previous bugs and speed concerns have been fixed. It still has the same problem as clipper about memory leakage if you are not careful with your variables. But it has came a long way. I have tried the beta of v2.0 It (v2.0) has a fully intergrated IDE and supports R.A.D. so it seems that it will be moving its way up the ranks soon.

I have seen some applications created in it that you would not believe it was an X-Base application. After the release of 2.0 I would reccomend looking back into it.

I would be willing to say it is 100% compatible with your clipper code. Like I had previously stated, you will have to get 32bit versions of the libraries that you are using, but other than that I love it.
Richard L. Hankins Jr.
Senior Programmer
Auction Services, Inc.

Bozz check out this link and can see FiveWin made applications Gallery Screen shots.

yeah !!!! Is Clipper.

5Win is the fastest and easy way for build applications for all windows version using CA.Clipper 5.x (16 bits) Harbour (32 bits) and Alaska Xbase++ Technology.

Is the very best choice friend

For more info go to
Best Regards

Jesus Tarre
jesustarre@cantv.net
Maracaibo, VENEZUELA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back