Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nexer LDK 24 No more web display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mktfor

Technical User
Jul 5, 2009
Good evening, I have a LDK 24 Nexer with à 1 LKD30 and 2 GDC 345H for my small business, linked with Outlook 2007 with small business contacts.

There is no more support for ldk 24 and now I can't go ahead as the first Nexer webadmin page. I can go to Network admin, change the IP address, but on the Key phone admin, after I introduce the admin and password, I have a blank page (
I try with Firefox 3.5, IE 7 AND 8, witout success.

Do you have a idea ?

Thanks

my version IE 6.0.3790.0 worked magic. I was now able to initialize the unit and get up and running. Thanx for your help mdekruif.

Doktor what do i have to change in IE 7 and above to access the nexer?

Doktor, it would be nice to program the nexer by IE 7 or higher. I hope you can give us a gues in the right direction.

No matter what i try but it seems to be impossible to work with ie 7 or higher. Also Google chrome, Firefox 2 and 3, Appele Safari don't work.

I spend a lot of time fixing this but nothing...

Even our disti (TMTS in the Netherlands) tells me that it doesn't work and tells me to use following program:

With this software it's possible to run mutiple versions of ie.
I tested this and is seems to work fine. I'm running IE 6 and IE 8.

Normally, I just use IE 6 or IE 7.(IE 7.0 is 7.0 # 5730.13) and this works.
However, it deals with the firmware version of the ipLDK-24 (Nexer).

If you have an ipLDK-24 (Nexer) in version 1.0, the newest s/w I know is 1.0Lf from JAN 2007.

If you have an ipLDK-24 (Nexer) in version 3.0/3.7, the newest s/w I know is 3.7Be from JULY 2007.

These 2 versions can be accessed with IE 6 and IE7.

To check your s/w in the Nexer: Press [Tran/Pgm]+72.
You will see the s/w level in the dispaly of any LG keyset phone.
The hardware differene between Nexer version 1.0 and 3.0/3.7 is that you have an USB connector on the processor board on the Nexers running version 1.0.
You cannot upgrade from version 1.0 to 3.0/3.7 without changing the whole cabinet.

///doktor

Where do we get hold of the latest firmware for the nexer doktor ?
And by the way - your tip on the multiple versions of ie works brilliant ( or was it you that is brilliant):)

That is up to you to decide.
Well, I have worked with these product for several years, now.
Every to Microsoft released a new IE, LG had to make some adjustments to the Nexer (ipLDK-24, and also iPECS) software.
To get the newest s/w for Nexer, you must contact the LG-Nortel representative (importer) in your country.
You will find it difficult to get the s/w on the internet, as in most countries the dealers sell the ipLDK-20 instead of the Nexer.
A good hint if you can not connect with your IE: Downgrade it to a lower version.
Also with older GDK systems: Use Windows 2000 instead of XP to run the GDK admin programs.

///doktor

Additional info.
LG - Nexer does not need a special setup in IE6 or IE7.
It is recommended that the pages are loaded every time direct form the Nexer -not buffered in the IE.
This is VERY important if you upgrade (firmware).

///doktor

Hi Everyone,
Version 1 Nexer will not support IE7 unless you are using system firmware version 1.0Le
You will need to get this from your LG Representative.
Nexer version 3 does not require any upgraded version.
Once your version 1 Nexer is upgraded it will also work with IE8.

Still, it is safer to downgrade to IE6 from IE7, than to upgrade your Nexer, if you had the relevant software.
If the upgrade of the Nexer fails, you will have to go through a longer lasting "resue procedure", where the serial board of SLOT9 (MFB) is needed.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back