Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newlywed wants name changed accross domain-any easy way? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebola

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
NZ
A user on our network has just been married and now wants the network to reflect the changed in her surname.Last time I had to do this it turned out to be a bloody nightmare!Is there a simple procedure to changed her account,mailbox etc?<br>Any Ideas greatly appreciated G:)

Yes there is a simple solution.&nbsp;&nbsp;Install one Netware 5 server, implement NDS for NT and manage the account through the Novell side.&nbsp;&nbsp;Sorry, just had to mention this as we have a mixed NT/Novell environment, and NDS for NT has saved us a lot of Administrative tasks that we would of had to contend with had we not decided to use it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Of course it requires one Novell server, but it does make the job easier.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did also mention that with NDS for NT you dont have to deal with Trust or trusted relationships as well.<br><br>Hope this helps. <p>Mark C. Greenwood, Certified N<br><a href=mailto:m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com>m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> I have been working in the industry for a little more than 10 years. I hold a current CNE certification for Intranetware 4.11<br>
and Netware 5. I also have my BS in MIS

ebola,<br><br>Try copying the old user ie maiden name in User Manager for domains, to the new user name.&nbsp;&nbsp;That will keep the same settings etc, but do not forget to manually create her user folder, as NT will not do it for you&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>As for the exchange side, just set her up a as a new user, but dont forget to add some aliases just in case people use her old name.. <p>Paul Ovey<br><a href=mailto:paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk>paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Go into Exchange and change the display name, users can't see anything else. Also go into the user manager and select the user, I believe there is a rename feature there so you don't have to play with securities. You will want to go into the email addresses and create another smtp address ans set it to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back