Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newly installed programs aren't detecting an internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge323

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
Ok here's the problem i've been getting,

I moved into a new place and set up DSL and got it all to work. I go to upgrade my AIM and then all of a sudden i can't log into it. I download programs like Limewire and mirc and it won't connect. At first, I thought it was my internet connection, but then when i use programs such as IE and real audio which i've had installed before i had moved in and it all worked fine. All the program that i install now don't work.

I tried turning off router's firewall, but that didn't do anything. I tried just directly connecting it to the modem w/o the router and it still didn't work, so its not the router's problem. I tried to reinstall windows xp, and that didn't work either. I'm out of ideas now.

Think anyone can help?

Thanks

recomend speaking with the company that is providing the line for you dsl qwest telecom, ect. i had the same issue and found out it was my isp check it out and respond

I don't think it is the isp because my housemates comps all work fine and when i have an older version of AIM that connects to the same server (which i use to clone AIM), it works perfectly fine... I think it has to do w/ some of my reg in my OS

yeah i do, but i turned it off and it still didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back