Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbridge - Vivid Orange Ridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

blmbrsm

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have or know where to get the installation manual for a Vivid Orange Ridge by Newbridge? I have been looking for over a week now and can not seem to find any usefull installation information on how to hookup/install and configure the equipment. It did not come with an installation manual.

Thank you for any help on this.

Marc

Newbridge has dicontinued their VIVID products. Have you tried message boards for Newbridge? Maybe someone will give you the information your looking for.

I would not have posted the question here if I could find a message board for Newbridge.

Next time either provide help if you have it or don't answer with such a stupid suggestion!!!!

Have you had any luck in locating any help with your Vivid Orange Ridge? I have two and I need help also. Cannot find any information about the devices. If you find information please contact me at pvs4@pafi.net

The installation of the yellow(10Mbps) and orange(10/100Mbps) ridges were straightforward. The switch side works regardless as a switch. The ATM side is more difficult as it can not be configured without the route manager and managing software. The route manager was a SPARC which was headless and would bring up and tear down the ATM cross connects. The network manager was a GUI interface that ran on a second box and looked something like HP Openview. It provided the way to get stats, error logs, configure ATM links, port groups etc. Without those two pieces, you can kiss it off. A possible source would Ungerman-Bass since they took over VIVID tech support while Newbridge was still a going concern.

And if you get abusive to the next person trying give some advice (go to the boards) next time we will just let you sit there without an answer at all. It's not cool to be abusive just because you did not like the help you received for free.

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

To wybnormal,

If you look at the response from IPKONFIG even you would say the response was USELESS !!!!

At least you responded with some usefull information about who took over the technical support for Newbridge.

If the other person would have responded with something usefull such as a url for Newbridge Message Board that would have been USEFULL !!!

As far as being left without an answer; that is what happened! I posted on April 14th and was left without USEFULL information until you responded August 5th. Unfortunately your information, though USEFULL, will not do me any good since I found the information I needed MONTHS ago and it obviously DID NOT come from TEK-TIPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back