Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbin sync failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

haarisabbasi

Programmer
Jan 8, 2013
US
Hi everyone,
I have Aloha 6.34.6. I have copied some files to my bin folder on my boh. It seems the other terminals cannot synch them properly: They copy to newbin, but then from newbin, they cannot copy to bin. I could have a script that synchs these folders, but I was under the impression that Aloha automatically copies these files. Is there something in terms of permissions that I would have to set up from the Aloha side of things for this to happen without me writing a script to copy the contents of newbin to bin?

You add a folder in the BIN directory or it will crash.

Cheers,
Coorsman

So right now, I have .\Aloha\Bin and .\Aloha\NewBin. There is a file, say a.bat in .\Aloha\NewBin that never copies correctly to .\Aloha\Bin whenever it is updated.

Are you using any of the Radiant Security (watchguard) products. They have a white list program installed on the server and terminals preventing software changes. There owuld be a shield icon on the terminals on the icon tray.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back