Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doinou

Technical User
Jan 3, 2011
US
Hello all.. I'm a Nortel DMS 100-500 tech by trade. Well I'm trying to figure out how this Meridian is layed out. I hear the terms Option 11-81c, M1, CS1000. Can anyone tell me what the differance is between them? I have access to an Option 11 and trying to learn some of the basic commands on it.. It's nothing like a DMS or MSL. So please forgive my ignorance on this PBX.. Thank you for your time..

I found the Meridian line easier to work on than the DMS world. It doesnt have the menus available for commands but it was easier to wrap my head around. It's certainly much smaller but both have advantages over the other in some ways.

I liked the line card replacements on the DMS better. you didn't have to take out 16 phones to replace a card like you do on the Meridian.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanx for clearing this up for me.. No can ya'll tell me how you can add another username login for this thing? I'm gonna download the Zip file I found on here for some of the basic commands.. It's just here at work (Iraq) I can't get to the site to do it.. I figure since we have to maint this M1, I would try to learn more about it.. Oh and the 6x21 card is for Digtal phones like the M5316..:) 6x17 are standard POTS line cards

SCH0111 shows up when I type the above command. I know it's an Option 11 is all so far

Hey,

Or even better for patching and version levels:

LD 143
MDP ISSP

That will show you patches and sw/version installed. From there we should be able to give you a hand further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back