Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie writing SRS reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

trav0870

Technical User
Feb 22, 2010
US
Hello,
I'm a newbie to writing SRS reports. I've mainly wrote simple queries and even messed around with some very basic SSIS packages. I'm in the process of writing my first SRS report. My issue is with setting parameters...I've built a table to house the choices and I need a way to choose these choices from a drop down. I was told to use charindex to compare these choices...this is where I'm stumped...Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks for the Help!!!Travis

You need to create a data set base on the table you created (choice). add a parameter to the report and connect it to the data set you created.

--create data set
Data tab, click drop down and select New dataset.
Name: Choice
Data source: connection to your db
Command type: text
Query String: select * from Choice (table you created to house your choices)

--add parameter to report
Layout tab, click Report, Report Parameters, fill in the properties. Under Available Values: select From Query, Dataset = Choice (data set created earlier), Value field: field from data set choice you want to filter data on. Hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back