Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie wanna be a Techie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalmTest

Technical User
Mar 7, 2005
NL
Hi there,

The good news is, my (networking) group is about to manage an MD110 PBX.
The even beter news is that it is actualy coming at our hands in September.
We are now in the middle of sorting things out about the MD110.
E.g. drawings, methods, training, handbooks. Fortunately the current managing group doesn't have this all on paper, so there lies my great opportunity to tidy things up and take the MD110 more seriously.
The current managing group relies heavily on an external company, who drops by now and then to get the difficult things done (e.g. adding a member to an ACD group).

To avoid nasty situations i'd like to know from the real guys (that's where you come in !) what are the great pittfalls about the MD110 PBX.
What are the Do's and Dont's about the MD110.

Thanks in advance for your Hints'Tips.

Peter.

who drops by now and then to get the difficult things done (e.g. adding a member to an ACD group)"

You call this difficult stuff ?

@mdfan
This shows the great challenge I am facing.

My goal is to being able to manage all of the MD110 and do these changes by our selves, without 'bothering' the external company.

The first thing is to educate the future support group.
The second thing is to understand the MD110 inside out.
Therefore my question in this helpfull forum (and more to come in the future).

TIA.

Peter.

try following an MD110 O&M course at a certified E/// partner

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

I have heard that Damovo Belgium gives excellent trainings :)

Thanks guys,

I'll go for the certified E/// course(s).

Are there any tips-n-tricks they don't tell you at these courses?

TIA

Peter

I would say, first follow the course, then ask for specific tips, this way you know what you're talking about...

Do the courses, they will teach you all of the basics such as command structures, hardware details and how to understand the documentation. Then it's a case of practise, practise practise !!!.. You need to have an open mind, i find that the problem most people have is saying "oh it won't do that", when 9 times out of 10 it will, you just have to be a bit creative.. It is a very versatile system.

Once you have done this, you will need to get hold of some documentation in the form of the "big blue books", or the PC applications such as Doc View, Dynatext or Alex (depending on the revision state of your PABX)

As for the courses, if you are in the UK there is only ONE certified Ericsson training partner and they are in the South West of the UK. I have not used them so cannot comment on how good they are.

Oh and i can also recomend Joing the MD110 User Group in the UK - That applies to all customers in here. We feedback issues direct to Ericsson in attempt to get things changed, one such issue is the proposed phase out of license sales for BC11, this has now been pushed by 12+ months, thanks to our efforts... Sales pitch over.. Join us !!!

Cheers
Al

[red]Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the North, below their radar.[/red]
[blue]Elaine : When will you be back?[/blue]
[red]Striker : I can't tell you that? It's classified.[/red]

Thanks Guys for the input.

I'll send my technicians to a course and then get some real life experience.
When encountering funny/weird or difficult stuff, i'll checkout this forum. (which has been a great help for a guy starting from zero!)
And don't worry Alchohaz, the current support group is busy with their own things, besides managing the MD110. The new support group can be more dedicated to the MD110, so an open mind is no problem.
I'm Dutch, so it probably will be KPN for the courses.

I have seen two icons on a management console. One reading WinFiol and the other reading DocView.
I think WinFiol is for managing and DocView is for documentation.

The recomendation about the MD110 User Group is very good. I'll check if there are SIG's here in Holland.
I will keep checking this forum for the good information.

Thanks again Guys!!

palmtest,

to what group do you belong??

Hi guys,

I'm Dutch too. And i'm curious if there is an MD110 user Group in Holland. Please keep me informed on this site.

Thnx!

@whosrdaddy,
no User Group (or SIG) at the moment, because management of the MD110 starts at the end of August.

@nschreuder,
I googled for BTG (BedrijfsTelecommunicatie Grootgebruikers) and checked (Dutch webpage), but no succes for now.
I'll keep you posted.

Well i can advise you that the UK site is here:
And i have been advised that the swedish site is here:
&
I think you can see the pattern.. try this with your countries internet domain extension.. Worth a try!!

[red]Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the North, below their radar.[/red]
[blue]Elaine : When will you be back?[/blue]
[red]Striker : I can't tell you that? It's classified.[/red]

Pointing my browser to md110.nl results in a redirection to the webpage of an IT rental company (smart guys) in The Netherlands.

I did find for our Dutch readers, but I couldn't find User Groups or SIG's for the MD110 in this page.

How much these user groups are useful ?

I mean are they more useful than this forum ;) ???

Do these groups have international character, can somebody from one country join the group of some other country ?

Use niux and try ping NIU adress. If OK, NIU is alive and problem is in the LAN connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back