Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie too CSS sheets needs help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus121

Technical User
May 9, 2002
GB
I have the following css attached to my html page:

body, td, pre { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000 }
a:link, a:visited, a:active{font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 9px; color: #000080 }
a:hover { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 9px;color: #BB0000 }

How can i customise the style sheet and html so I can have two different styles of linked text e.g. red the same as existing style sheet. blue different (as defined in new style on style sheet).

<a href=nowhere.htm>&quot;As is on the style sheet</a>
<a href=somwhere.htm>&quot;As a different style which I define</a>
Regards Angus Grant,

http\\

a:link.newStyle, a:visited.newStyle, a:active.newStyle{font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 9px; color: #000080 }
a:hover.newStyle { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 9px;color: #BB0000 }

<a href=somwhere.htm class=&quot;newStyle&quot;>&quot;As a different style which I define</a>

To explain more of what TheConeHead suggested:

a:link, a:visited, a:active, a:hover{color: #000080 }
a:link.blue, a:visited.blue, a:active.blue, a:hover.blue{color: #BB0000 }

<a href=nowhere.htm>&quot;As is on the style sheet</a>
<a href=somwhere.htm class=&quot;blue&quot;>&quot;As a different style which I define</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back