Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie to DB, several questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi.
I've been programming in Qbasic, and several years ago I moved to Visual Basic.
Here are my questions:
1. Do they sell DB in stores? if yes, does it come with a manual, or a tutorial book?
2. Where can I find articles, tutorials, and mainly explanations about the language. Where can I learn the langauge?

thx.

You can get Dark Basic in stores okay. I got a boxed version with a full printed manual and tutorials, though I've seen a more recent version in a PS2 type box where manuals and tutorials are on the CD in pdf format.

The docs that come with the CDs go into a good depth with explanations of all the built-in functions of the language though the tutorials only seem to take you so far.

Check out their web-site. I think it's (or try - I'm in work at the moment and the firewall blocks me from visiting any site that has the work 'game' in the title, so I can't check). If you haven't got the application already, there is a demo version available for download as well as the documentation that comes with the full version.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back