Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie to CSS seeking info/tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyCherry

Technical User
Aug 21, 2002
CA
Hi everyone!
Well ya gotta start somewhere, and I thought I'd start here. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where a newbie such as myself could learn the basics of CSS. Where it's used best and how etc.

I'd prefer web based references, but I'd go for a book too.

Thanks!

home based digital recording phenomena

Hi,

Here's a good place to start:

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

this page seems to be a really good begginer's intro to CSS:

also its by W3C (the guys who define HTML and CSS) so it's got to be definitive, eh?

The best way to learn is to try it out, so use that and then play around with all the possible style options (maybe look at the CSS reference also on w3.org).

cheers

If you find a site that you like the look of you can save the page (file-> Save as) and you a copy of their stylesheet. Plagarism is obviously wrong but examining how somebody else has done something can be a useful learning aid.

MrBelfry

I used the westciv tutorials - and found them excellent. Otherwise, copying code (where a style sheet is embedded) and tinkering about will help to a certain extent. What you will need though some kind of browser compatability guide, one of the trickiest things about CSS is knowing what is compatible with what, given varying browser support.

cheers
Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back