Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagurugrl

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
US
Hello All!!,
My company has just started using MAS 200 {not the sql version}... Well 1st our Sales Order team is going crazy because they want their form to do certain things that our reseller says cant happen.... I had read somewhere that the things they want done was possible with MAS so I suggested this acctng package to my company. Now it seams like I put my foot in my mouth, sooooo I am posting to all of you... How can I get into the actual sales order form to edit it?? I do realize that I dont want to configure this report in the actual company because I am a newbie so I will be in a test company... I however would like to focus on the discount line on the sales order form right now it has a discount code and the discount prints right next to the code... However sometimes the discount is wrong because of the price of an item in the system is wrong so the user overides the price and when the SO is printed the discount has a bogus amount. ex.. -39.00. Is there anytype of training manuals online that I can get right away for stuff like this? I know how to USE the program, I am just having issues when it comes to customizing our configuration. I am lost and confused :( Sorry for the long post but any input is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Call your reseller! Sign up for training - Customizer and Crystal Reports are two keys to tailoring MAS to your specific requirements.

Sage has regional training centers all over the country. If you worked closely with your reseller they should be able to point you to a good regional training center. The training centers had to sign an agreement with Sage to not try to steal clients so resellers feel safe about sending clients to them. I would suggest training as soon as possible.

Why don't you explain what the sales staff wants done.

"However sometimes the discount is wrong because of the price of an item in the system is wrong" - Why is the price wrong? Sounds like someone set up something wrong.

If you are current on your subscription you can use the Sage Talk Forums which is where all the MAS users post. Full of usefull information.

If you are current on your subscription you also have access to the Sage Knowledge base for problem solving.

If you are not close to any regional training center Sage sells training CDs and web-based training.

Thank you for your help!!!

Big Louie, They set up Customers to use price codes from inventory and not the actual customer discount? Sound right? soooo here is the problem when you are entering a sales order and the inventory's item is priced wrong in the system file. The user will override the price if wrong but instead of showing the discount for the overrided price it shows an increased discount....
EX

List Price = 3.00 user changes it to 3.25 the discount will then print on the sales order as 40%

if the customers were setup to use price codes from inventory and not the actual customer discount why don't you just change it? Nothing preventing you from changing it from how it is to how you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back