Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie questions on tasks, email, Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

feloniouslemon

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
US
Howdy,

A few issues I am having:

1. Email. I set up an email template, and the template doesn't show up as an option in the workflow rules email option.

2. Email attachment - set up a manual email in workflow rules, add attachment; attachment does not show up in activities list or on email after sending.

3. Tasks, workflow. Trying to set workflow rules, so that, for example, a new task is created after one is completed. Rules have option for task being 100% complete, or an actual completion date not null. But in Workplace, Activities, can't see how to mark a task as complete. Added actual completion date to the main form for Activities, still doesn't show up and can't see a way to mark as complete - I have to just be missing something crazy here...

4. Integration with SharePoint - I know even less about SharePoint, but we have a bunch of portal data out there and I'd like to incorporate. Any resources or better yet examples of how to integrate the two?

That's a starter list...feel like I'm missing some really stupid things. Have the 'for dummies' book, but it's very limited. Another book is on the way.

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

Cheers,
lemon

Cancel #3 - after multiple steps, can mark a task as complete. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back