Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie questions abot INO.SAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Ok, first of all, I'm a newbie to eTrust, so go easy on me.

We have a Netware environment and Win9x workstations. I'm running the Admin Server on a Windows 2000 Server. We will be rolling out the installations using a line in the Netware login script. I've read several places that Win9x machines need the ino.sam file in order to be administered by the Admin Server and that this is created by running inopw.exe. Now to my questions...

Since we will not be using Remote Install, where do I find the inopw.exe and how do I get the ino.sam to the workstations? Will I be able to push the pattern file updates to the workstation using Admin Server?

With inopw.exe make an ino.sam file and put it in the image folder. Then distribute the Win95 with the help of Netlogon scripts or by "hand"

Do you mean that we should create an IMAGE folder on the Netware server where the pattern files are kept? We don't have an IMAGE folder on the Windows 2000 box and will not be using it to roll out the installations anyway.

Also, where is the inopw.exe file found?

Go to support.ca.com and search for document 30010, titled "Installation and Signature distribution from a Novell Server". Then search for document 31091 that describes how to create the ino.sam file for Windows 9x pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back