Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie question -- setting up your domain name with apache

Status
Not open for further replies.

secular

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
CA
I have everything compiled and installed on my slackware linux system, everythings working and i have no trouble thus far.

I hit a snag, and lack of documentation, when i want to host my domain name (crushkill.com) with apache. I know virtualhosts are for if i want more than one domain, but that is not the case at the moment.

What i need to know is how to set up my nameserver, or where i need the domain to point to...

If anyone can help me that would be great, or perhaps to point me in the right direction of documentation!

Thanks

First, set this directive:

ServerName crushkill.com

then set the Listen directive to your IP.

Then you need to edit your dns "A" record to point your domain name to your IP. This is usually done through the registrar where you got your domain name.

Is there any alternative to paying for a ip forwarding service if i have a static ip address?

It would work out to 2 bucks USD a month ,but i want to know if there is any alternatives to paying at all for a service such as that

sleipner answered this question in your other post and I second everything he said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back